Performa is powered by the support of individuals. From the very first Performa Commission, Logic of the Birds by Shirin Neshat in 2001, our supporters have made our groundbreaking and innovative art possible. Support Performa with a fully-deductible gift, Friend Membership, or become a Performa Circle Member and experience the best of the contemporary art world through the lens of performance, past and present by engaging with artists, curators, scholars, collectors, gallerists and performance enthusiasts.
Your gift will make a significant impact on our ability to deliver the unrivaled performances, powerful ideas, and groundbreaking works produced by Performa and our artists. Your involvement also helps to fund the ongoing adventurous program of debate and discussions at our year-round Performa Institute and online Performa Magazine, which covers a broad range of performance and new media from around the world.
Whether you can give $5, $50, $5,000, or $50,000, your contribution directly supports contemporary artists in their creative development and exploration to create the groundbreaking new work that you have come to expect from Performa. Thank you for giving as generously as you can.
FRIEND MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
PERFORMA FRIEND $150 // PERFORMA BFF $250
CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
VISIONARIES $500 // VISIONARIES’ STEERING COMMITTEE (by invitation only)
PRESENTER’S CIRCLE $1,500 // ARCHIVISIT’S CIRCLE $2,500 // CURATOR’S CIRCLE $5,000 // PRODUCER’S CIRCLE $10,000 // DIRECTOR’S CIRCLE $20,000
(see below for details and benefits on each membership level)
Performa Friends Membership
Our Friends make up Performa’s outstanding community and are a passionate group of individuals who are enthusiastic advocates and supporters of our groundbreaking and innovative art and mission. Become a Friend to take your interest and knowledge of live performance further while supporting the Performa Biennial, our world-renowned Performa Commissions, the Performa Institute, and online magazine.
Friend - $150
Our Friends receive advance access to biennial calendars, advance and discounted (10%) ticket registration, invitation to an annual Friends event (for one), an email subscription to the Performa Magazine, and donor recognition on the Performa website and annual listing.
BFF - $250
Our BFF’s receive advance access to biennial calendars, advance and discounted (20%) ticket registration, invitations to an annual Friends event (for two), digital magazine subscription, and donor recognition on the Performa website and annual listing.
Performa Circle Membership
Performa is powered by individuals – supporters like you have made our groundbreaking and innovative art possible! Become a Performa Circle member and experience the best of the contemporary art world through the lens of performance, past and present, by engaging with artists, curators, scholars, collectors, gallerists, and performance enthusiasts year-round.
All Performa Circle members enjoy these benefits for a full year:
- Advance reservations, complimentary or discounted tickets to Performa events
- Advance notice of Performa commissions and news
- Opportunity to purchase exclusive artworks and limited editions before they are available to the public
- Artist and Curator-led tours at museums, galleries, and other organizations in NYC and beyond
- Invitations to VIP events throughout the year
- VIP passes to select international art fairs
- Invitations to an Annual Spring Circle celebration and an Annual Performa Friends Event
- Donor recognition on our website, Annual Report, and Biennial materials
Additional benefits by level:
Visionaries - $500
- 20% off tickets for Performa Commissions and reserved prime seating at performances
- Invitation to the an annual meet-the-Visionaries dinner, performances, and curated social events hosted by the Performa Visionaries
- Quarterly Visionaries newsletter
Visionaries Steering Committee (by invitation only)
The Visionaries Steering Committee is an invite-only group of passionate supporters who act as ambassadors for Performa and understand the importance of developing the medium of live performance by taking a leadership role for events, fundraising initiatives, and strategic planning.
Presenter’s Circle - $1,500
- Two (2) complimentary tickets to Performa Commissions and Performances
- Complimentary copies of Biennial Catalogues as they are published
- Monthly VIP newsletter on Performa happenings
Archivist’s Circle - $2,500
All benefits of the Presenter's Circle, plus:
- Reserved seating at performances
- Invitations to Private Collection Visits
- Invitation to one (1) Performa Biennial Premiere dinner or event: a series of intimate dinners and events celebrating the Biennial artists on the opening night of their Performa Commission (we will do our best to accommodate your top choice)
Curator’s Circle - $5,000
All benefits of the Archivists Circle, plus:
- Two (2) complimentary Biennial tickets to public performances; two (2) VIP tickets to Performa Biennial Premieres 17 with reserved prime seating at any and all performances of your choosing
- Invitations to two (2) Performa Biennial Premiere dinners and events
- Invitation to the Annual Director’s Dinner
Producer’s Circle - $10,000
All benefits of the Curator's Circle, plus:
- Four (4) complimentary Biennial tickets to public performances; two (2) VIP tickets to Performa Biennial Premieres with reserved prime seating at any and all performances of your choosing
- Invitations to three (3) Performa Biennial Premier dinners and events
- Opportunity to travel with Performa’s Founding Director
Director’s Circle - $20,000
All benefits of the Producer's Circle, plus:
- Six (6) complimentary Biennial tickets to public performances; four (4) VIP tickets to Performa Biennial Premieres with reserved prime seating at any and all performances of your choosing
- Invitations to ALL Performa Biennial Premier dinners and events
- Invitations to intimate dinners and private events hosted throughout the year by Performa’s Founding Director
For more information, contact Sarah Haimes, Manager of Individual Giving, at 212-366-5700 or email@example.com.